Learn from Virtually Anywhere
As societies evolve and advance technologically, online learning has increasingly become a great alternative for busy and working adults and proved to be just as effective as traditional classroom environments.
Seeing that this model of learning is fairly new, it's important for you as a student to know what is involved, expected and what kind of support is available to you. Research indicated that prepared and well-supported online learners perform better.
Online Learning for DAY Students
Since 2020, DAY students at Northrise have been required to participate in Online Learning. In each Semester, a maximum Course Load is 5 courses. 2 out of 5 courses are taken online.
Online learning is supposedly the future of education. Our goal is to prepare our students for the future and help them adapt to technological advancements in education.
Our goal of online learning for DAY students is to encourage our students to accommodate a non-traditional learning model.
Tuition Payment Deadlines
BLK1, 2 & 3: Prorated Payment 3rd Installment Deadline
DAY & ONL: Half-Course Payment Deadline
S1 Prorated Payment Installment 2 Deadline
Being an Auditor, I travel around the country a lot but Online Learning has made it flexible and convenient for me to continue with my studies...
Edina Soko Kaisala - MBA Student
Guide to Online Learning
A major setback for online learning is the lack of skills and tools required to pursue online studies. Therefore, before students can embark on online studies, we require that each student completes a self-evaluation for Online Learning Readiness. This evaluation must be done by all students each semester. A readiness assessment is important because it helps both the student and University to better prepare for online learning
Click the link to complete your Self Evaluation Online Learning Readiness Form
Online Learning Manual:
Another great place to start with Online Learning is by downloading the comprehensive Online Learning Guide. In it you will find detailed explanation of what Online Learning is, the programs on offer under Online Learning, technical and non-technical requirements of online learning and many other insights into learning online like strategies for Online Learning.
Online Learning Requirements
It is a requirement for ONL students to have a computer for online activities.
- Tablet (preferably running a version of iOS)
- Personal Computer (Compatible Operating System: Windows 7, 8 or 10, Mac OS, Linux Distributions)
- Note that the exams cannot be taken on an android device. Please refer to the Trelson Student User Manual on the minimum system requirements.
Regardless of the hardware device being used, each device should have:-
- Web Browser (preferably: Firefox, Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- For Examinations
- For checking University emails
- For accessing the Student Management System (SMS)
- For Google Classroom access
- For Virtual Learning System (VLS) access
- For NU main website access
- For access to e-databases (e-library) like (JSTOR, EBSCOHost)
- Word Processing Application (preferably: Google Docs, Microsoft Word,) – this is important for typing your assignments.
- Spreadsheet Application (preferably: Excel, Google Sheets)
- PDF Reader
Note that individual courses may have additional software requirements. This may include video or audio playing software or a specific software application.